Saturday August 9
5 – 9 p.m.
August 9 – 19, 2018
Art Crawl will be a series of pop-up galleries in various downtown venues/locations during the 10 days of the Fringe Festival which will offer theatre, buskers and performance art.
Check out all of our amazing local artists at various venues downtown. We have Teens from Digital Creator at the MS Norgoma, Leta Dear at the Museum, Rutger Becker at the Downtown Association, Darren Emond at the Sault Ste Marie Public Library, Janine Chartier at the John Howard Society, Brenna Tomas at the Windsor Park, Russell Raven at Canadian Border Services and 180 projects on Gore st will be showing multiple artists for the duration of the Festival. Be sure to check them all out and snap a picture during the festival using the hashtag #UpTheArts on Instagram to be entered into a photo contest with a winner being announced on the last day!
Art n’ the Parking Lot Festival
August 11 – 12, 2018
9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Silverleaf Writers Guild Northern Ontario Book Fair Book Fair
August 10 – 12
Silverleaf Writers Guild will be at the Bondar Pavilion for the Northern Ontario Book Fair on the first weekend of the festival. Books by authors from all over Northern Ontario will be sold at the booth along with different authors present for book signings. The Book Fair will happen August 10th to August 12th from 10 am to 6 pm.
The following authors will be at the Book Fair for book signings:
Friday August 10th
- •11 – 12:30 Nevin Buconjic, of Sault Ste. Marie, author of 25 Money-Making Businesses You Can Start in Your Spare Time and Starting Your Own Business: An Entrepreneur’s Guide
- •1:15 – 2:45 Jennifer Barone, of Sault Ste. Marie, author of the picture book Goose on a Roof
- •3:30 – 5:00 Kristen Wreggitt, of Richard’s Landing, author of the memoir Before I Let You Go: Stories for My Grown Son
Saturday, August 11th
- •11 – 12:30 Darren Emond, of Sault Ste. Marie, author and illustrator of graphic novels including The Fantabulous Tales of the Frivolous Fox
- •1:15 – 2:45 Patricia C. Lee, of Elliot Lake, author of paranormal romance including the Daughters of the Crescent Moon trilogy
- •3:30 – 5:00 Tom Mills, of Aweres Township, author of the Humour Me columns and the book Sex is a Four Letter Word
Sunday, August 12th
- •11 – 12:30 J.L. Fizzell, of Timmins, author of several poetry volumes including Icarus, Anchors & You and Pearls & Swine
- •1:15 – 2:45 J.M. Cleminson, of Batchewana First Nation, author of a fantasy fiction series which includes Ecliptic and Interstice
- •3:30 – 5:00 Emma L.R. Hogg, of Sault Ste. Marie, author of contemporary and young adult fiction including Winona Rising and The Fourth Wall